Artist Application Swell 2021
SWELL 2021 CALL FOR ENTRIES NOW CLOSED. APPLICATIONS FOR SWELL 2022 WILL OPEN DECEMBER 2021. THANK YOU!
EACH YEAR WE INVITE ARTIST APPLICATIONS FOR SWELL SCULPTURE EXHIBITION TO BE HELD ALONG CURRUMBIN BEACH & WALKWAY ON AUSTRALIA’S GOLD COAST IN SEPTEMBER.
- Artist submissions can comprise of completed works, works in progress or concepts
- Entries close 31st January 2021 at midnight
- Exhibition dates for our 2021 exhibition are September 10 - 19 on Currumbin Beach, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
- SWELL Sculpture is QLD's largest outdoor exhibition of up to 50 sculptures by local, national and international artists
- Artists Awards up to $27,000
- SWELL Sculpture will provide installation support and an artist subsidy per artwork
- SWELL Sculpture is a wonderful platform to promote your artwork and attracts national media coverage
Your artwork will be temporarily installed in a public space and as such, your supporting documentation should be comprehensive and include the required information outlined below. Should your submission not include this important documentation it may be deemed non-conforming and not eligible for consideration.
Your submission can include a completed work or a work in progress and should include clear and comprehensive support documentation including:
- concept drawings that are to scale with front and side elevations
- all sculptural mediums & installations welcome
- support images of completed work or partly completed work
- information and drawings of foundation and footings
- detail on any lighting included with the sculpture
- machinery required
- maintenance required during SWELL
Prior to completing your application, please prepare and collate all information to ensure you include all relevant information.
ROLLING EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Throughout the year, we undertake significant temporary art installations and projects.
We are open to receiving proposals through an ongoing process to explore and discuss opportunities for temporary public art proposals and artistic programs.
This process is open to artists, arts organisations, musicians and those involved in arts education related activities for work that relates to public art, installations, workshops, master classes, outdoor performances, live music and artist residencies. Please complete the relevant Expression of Interest submission form and we will be in contact shortly.
PUBLIC ART PROJECTS
Through a high-level curatorial approach, SWELL is seeking to host new and exciting recognised national and international artists to explore temporary art installations across all media including sculpture, digital art, street art, installation art to attract substantial audience engagement and artistic inspiration.
SWELL has proven experience developing artist led community art programs to expand opportunities and encourage meaningful interactions. With the creative involvement between artist and community culminates in outstanding public art installations.
WORKSHOPS & MASTERCLASS
SWELL offers opportunities for arts education within its event and community installations framework through master classes and sculpture workshops for all ages.
MUSICIANS & LIVE MUSIC
Musicians to compliment programming with live music at the signature SWELL event at Currumbin are encouraged to get in touch. Opportunities also exist for collaboration between artists and musicians to present new, experimental or cross platform works within the context of art installations.
Performance artists to compliment programming at the signature SWELL event and who have an interest in collaborating with an artist/s to present new, experimental or cross platform works within the context of art installations are encouraged to get in touch.