Artist Application Swell 2022
SWELL 2022 CALL FOR ENTRIES OPEN NOW!
EACH YEAR WE INVITE ARTIST APPLICATIONS FOR SWELL SCULPTURE EXHIBITION TO BE HELD ALONG CURRUMBIN BEACH & WALKWAY ON AUSTRALIA’S GOLD COAST IN SEPTEMBER.
- Artist submissions can comprise of completed works, works in progress or concepts
- Entries close 31st January 2022 at midnight
- Exhibition dates for our 2022 exhibition are September 9 - 18 on Currumbin Beach, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
- SWELL Sculpture is QLD's largest outdoor exhibition of over 50 sculptures by local, national and international artists
- Artists Awards up to $27,500
- SWELL Sculpture will provide installation support and an artist subsidy per artwork
- SWELL Sculpture is a wonderful platform to promote your artwork and attracts national media coverage
Your artwork will be temporarily installed in a public space and as such, your supporting documentation should be comprehensive and include the required information outlined below. Should your submission not include this important documentation it may be deemed non-conforming and not eligible for consideration.
Your submission can include a completed work or a work in progress and should include clear and comprehensive support documentation including:
- concept drawings that are to scale with front and side elevations
- all sculptural mediums & installations welcome
- support images of completed work or partly completed work
- information and drawings of foundation and footings
- detail on any lighting included with the sculpture
- machinery required
- maintenance required during SWELL
Prior to completing your application, please prepare and collate all information to ensure you include all relevant information.
- Chrome is the preferred browser to submit your entry. To avoid issues and errors, please Download Chrome
- The SWELL application process is online only. Please contact us by email if you would like assistance completing the online form - we're happy to help.
- FAQs Have a question? You might just find the answer on our frequently asked questions page.
- Site Map
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the SWELL Newsletter to keep you up to date!
PUBLIC ART PROJECTS
Through a high-level curatorial approach, SWELL is seeking to host new and exciting recognised national and international artists to explore temporary art installations across all media including sculpture, digital art, street art, installation art to attract substantial audience engagement and artistic inspiration.
SWELL has proven experience developing artist led community art programs to expand opportunities and encourage meaningful interactions. With the creative involvement between artist and community culminates in outstanding public art installations.
WORKSHOPS & MASTERCLASS
SWELL offers opportunities for arts education within its event and community installations framework through master classes and sculpture workshops for all ages.
MUSICIANS & LIVE MUSIC
Musicians to compliment programming with live music at the signature SWELL event at Currumbin are encouraged to get in touch. Opportunities also exist for collaboration between artists and musicians to present new, experimental or cross platform works within the context of art installations.
Performance artists to compliment programming at the signature SWELL event and who have an interest in collaborating with an artist/s to present new, experimental or cross platform works within the context of art installations are encouraged to get in touch.